I was recently laid off from my job & I don't know that I will be returning to the "work force" anytime soon. I have known for sometime that I wasn't where God wanted me anymore. My corporate job was the perfect job for me for a season. It had a very flexible schedule, enabled me to bring my children to work with me, paid a very nice salary which enabled our family to help out many others as well as provide all the extras & I was even given many opportunities to minister while working there. I am clear that for a season it was exactly where I was supposed to be. But as I have done so many times before I didn't hear God when he whispered to me that this season had passed & it was time to move on. So as of July 5th he yelled & I heard.
I am so often amazed at how many people confide that they look up to me spiritually as a role model, quite honestly I am thinking "Whoa if you are going to look up to someone, you really should set your sights a lot higher" I have even confided to many that sometimes I think I am on the spiritual "little bus". Don't get me wrong when it comes to "making a difference", being thankful, praising, full of joy, not questioning God's plans & even some other areas I have got it down! These are areas I do not struggle in at all. These are the areas that the world generally sees of me & quite honestly it is like looking at wonderful house on a great stretch of land, equipped with fine amenities whose builder forgot to install a kitchen. I use the analogy of the missing kitchen because I hate to cook! Please do not message me & tell me that good Godly women cook, I have a mother in law who is known for being one of the best cooks ever. She can take corn meal, meat, egg plant from the garden & apple sauce & turn it into a gourmet meal in under 30 minutes...lol. I have also read of the Proverbs 31 woman & she cooks too!
That being said, my "kitchen" is about to be under construction. It will not be "good enough" to be lacking spiritually in certain ways anymore. The Almighty perfect God drew the blue prints for me, he equipped me with everything I needed. The things I am missing in my life are from the lies of Satan delivered to me through life experiences, media, my peers & countless other mediums that were not the truths of my creator. Who am I not to be all that he wants me to be? (Just so you are not getting lost in the kitchen analogy I will not be posting recipes nor do I think being a great cook is part of God's plan for my life!)
I have a feeling that most if not all of you have a missing kitchen or added areas to your "house" that was not in your original design too. My prayer is that through this blog God reveals through my struggles, honesty & my occasional attempt at humor many things to you, one is that you are an imperfect princess serving a Perfect King & that you are not alone!
Yikes ! I'm awake at this hour! Or, awake again. Much on my mind. I encourage you to keep blogging. Very, very good to read your comments.
ReplyDelete